This is a fun event, supporting a very important cause! This year the Walk and Run will take place on the planned date, September 19. There are some uncertainties due to the pandemic. It is likely that most participants, especially walkers, will participate virtually. It seems like much of our lives have gone virtual, exercise included! We will provide up to date details as they become available.
What is the Walk and 5k Run for Life?
The annual Walk and 5k Run for Life is a fun, family-friendly event to raise money for the Pregnancy Clinic Ministry to support, strengthen, and share the love of Jesus with women and families facing unexpected pregnancies, giving them the hope they need to choose Life. Watch the promotional video (Walk and 5k Run for Life 2020: Bring Your Feet!).
Who can pariticipate?
Open to all ages and abilities, everyone (including your doggy friends!) will enjoy this relaxing trail run that winds through the woods, along the creek, and in open fields. Your participation benefits women and families throughout our communities, by offering free medical, counseling, educational, and material services.
Live Event Details:
- September 19, 2020, at Mid Atlantic Community Church in Gambrills MD
- 5k timed trail run (strollers are not permitted on the course)
- Family LIFE Walk (strollers welcome)
- Live Event Page
Virtual Event Details:
- Anytime between Saturday, September 19 and Sunday, September 20
- Virtual Runners need to use a running app or device to track their time and 5k distance (3.1 miles).
- Virtual LIFE Walkers can walk, hop, dance, skip, or even ride your bike – wherever you are – and raise funds for LIFE.
- Virtual Event Page
Register for The Walk/Run for Life
Can’t participate, but would like to give? Visit the RLC Life Savers team page and click Give.